Thursday, September 13, 2012

Kirna Zabete Style and Skimmers



In honor of my upcoming trip to NYC, I decided to share my views on this months "Shops of Target". I have anxiously been waiting to see what the fashions from one of Soho's most unique boutiques has to offer.
Kirna Zabete is run by two stylish owners, Sarah Easley and Beth Buccini. They specialize in selling high end looks to trendy downtown Hipsters and fanatic Fashion Bloggers. With looks from Proenza Schouler, Stella Mccartney and Alexander Wang- how can the average person afford to purchase looks from these style gurus at an affordable cost? And that is where Target came in. Target has managed to create in store Boutiques for BIG NAME designers to showcase their looks to the general public. With such names as Jean Paul Gaultier, Rodarte, Luella Bartley, and Zac Posen, mainstream America has been able to strut their stuff for prices as low as $9.99. H&M has really taken a nod from this idea and is selling affordable looks from designers as well.
I was hoping that Kirna Zabete would impress based on how the commercial portrayed the looks, but on release day Sept.9th, I ran to my nearest Target and with great dismay only walked away with one piece. The 3/4 sleeve knit sweater in gray and pink polka dot R-$29.99, was an instant success. 


 I also could see the gray cheetah print jumper and sheer black button up blouse as being fun choices too. I don't know if the fabrics looked a little to ragged for my taste -some of the hemlines were already starting to unravel. Or they were doing to much pattern in to many generic theme cuts. Either way the line was a little bit of a let down- but I LOVE my sweater and can't wait till it gets chilly at night to start wearing. 



 In other news skimmers are my new favorite go to fall shoe. Whether you try the ballet round toe or the metal capped tip ones you are sure to fit in with the hottest trend. 

-Vince Camuto's and Deena and Ozzy from Urban Outfitters-

I am loving my new cheetah print sidewalk skimmers from Madewell, R-$135.


 These are the PERFECT shoes to wear with a cute James Perse t-shirt and jeans or a fun skirt for work. They look best with skinny jeans.
 














I also unpacked my splurge from 2010- my Loeffler Randall Quinnes that I picked up from Barney's. 

I am obsessed with the futuristic print on these shoes. 
Loeffler has a great Viola Mid heel boot too, which I love in black.


Above outfit- Pilcro Jeans, Club Monaco cashmere blend hat 2009, Loeffler Randall flats.
Cache Skinny Jeans in Sangria R-$98

No comments:

Post a Comment